Schliers Towing - Schlier's Towing will kick you when you're down

My son totaled his car last night. Police tell me don't use AAA because it's totaled and they call Schlier's, who tow it 15 miles to their lot on Main Street.

Today, Schlier's tells me it's $350 for the tow. CashForCars offers to give me $180 for the car and tow it away for free, but Schlier's says if we don't sign over the title (and they won't give us a dime for the car), they will charge us another $250 by Monday for storage. That's $600 Schlier's wants for towing a totaled Civic 15 miles. Holding the car for ransom and won't even let me take my son's school books out of the car until they get paid.

And then go have charity fundraisers with Harley Davidson like they're doing good for the community after *** people over who have just dealt with a car accident. GREEEEEEEED!!!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Schliers Towing Towing.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Nov 17, 2017.

Schliers Towing

Tannersville, Pennsylvania

Well, It was about a month ago or so and I was traveling from work to my home. On the way I lost a tire--broke right off--and called county 911 for assistance as I was partially sitting on the Interstate 80 right-most westbound lane near Tannersville, PA exit 715.

Subsequently, the police arrived and waited with me until the towing service arrived--thank God! When the towing service arrived I learned that they were just off the ramp I was 50 feet from and maybe another 450 feet from there up a driveway.

So, I read the side of said tow truck and said to myself, "Schlier's Towing, I know them". After arriving at their location 3 minutes later, in my Jeep on top of the rollback, I asked the attendant at the garage to quote a price for the tow. Remember now, it was approximately 500 feet from where I broke down. I expected the typical 80 to 100 dollars max. Boy, was I wrong! It turns out to be over 200 dollars!!!

So, I ask the attendant why. She replies with another question to my question and says "Did you call/ask for the tow or did County 911 call/ask for the tow"? "Well...," I said. I told her that when I spoke to County 911 they asked if I would like them to call for a tow. I said sure. Wouldn't you in that situation?

Anyway, as it turns out, they tell me that there is a difference upon who has originated the call for towing service. I thought "who in *** cares about who made the call!". So, if County 911 calls its just over 200 dollars! And if I had known to call myself it would have been 100 dollars. Do the math--this is *** if I've ever heard any!...

The moral of this story is: When you break down be sure to know all the towing companies in the area and call them yourself to cut the tow charge in half! Yeah, right! Who the *** is going to know these sorts of things when their life hangs in the balance while trucks are bearing down on them in the dark hours of the night and when you're far from home????

So, Schlier's Towing has my vote for being as despicable as our wonderful government! $200 plus dollars for a tow that's less than 500 feet away! Yeah..., feet!

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Mar 07, 2014.

Comments

I doubt they had you loaded up and off the ramp in 3 minutes.

On thay statement alone, you are a lier.

It takes allot longer to simply load on bed a secure.

Also. Was there taxes involved?

This is why i don't take much stalk in reviews. Folks are allowed to defame others on the internet without any recourse.

Buisness is buisness my Friend,people aren't in Buisness to make friends.I woked for Schleir's myself,and was charged for towing my own car 2 miles with company truck,but you will never find a person as generous, or as great a friend as the owner Jim Schleir

to Anonymous #1131154

Yes, correct on both accounts, you are. However, wtf with who calls for the tow is my issue here--not his friendship.

Again, read my post: i'm "pissed" over the who calls part! Not their friendship or rep...

View more comments